Saturday, May 26, 2012

Slow Cooker Recipe Weekend

Chookyblue is hosting a slow cooker recipe weekend.  I'm a fan of  slow cookers & had both of mine going during the week, cooking up a 2kg batch of curried sausages & a 1kg batch of chow mien.  The aim of the bigger quantities is to have some go into the freezer.  Today I cranked up the slow cooker with a chicken recipe.


Ingredients
2kg chicken drumsticks
6 slices of bacon - chopped
500gms mixed frozen vegies - thawed
1 large onion - diced
2 potatoes - diced
2 tins of cream of chicken soup
spices to suit taste - I used thyme

Dough
1 generous cup of SR flour - sifted
1 TB butter
a pinch of salt
water
 
 
Place potatoes, onions, thawed vegies, chicken & bacon in dish.  Sprinkle with thyme/spices. Add the soup then cook on low for six & a half hours.

 
If you'd like to add dough to your dish, add a pinch of salt to flour, rub in butter then add enough water to make a dough.  Place into dish one hour prior to finish time.
 
Then enjoy!

Cheers....Jane.

7 comments:

circle retreat quilter said...

Nice one Jane I am just considering what to make for Sunday night dinner with 5 extras coming and sitting by the fire eating this sounds like heaven. Thanks heaps. x

Anonymous said...

yummy Jane,thankyou for sharing.xx

Chookyblue...... said...

yummo.........will be giving this one a whirl too.........

Sisbabestitches said...

Fabulous Jane, thanks so much for sharing this. I had been wondering whether I could just use canned soup instead of making up a sauce, now I know, and I gotta, gotta try putting dough onto it, in one pot cooking, love it.

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy !!! Glad these are all listed on Donna's blog so I can go back to them :)

Vicki said...

That looks yummy - better start printing some of these off!

Sue said...

Oooh that looks and sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing. The slow cooker is going to be cranking over the next few weekends! I'm looking forward to trying your recipe. I've posted my favourite recipe on my blog, too.